Friday, January 05, 2007

"Brothers" of the Savanna

These two lions were chilling on the side of the road, at about 6:30am, and were the first game we saw that morning. We were surprised how many of the big game used the roads to get around. We had one elephant walking ahead of us, preventing us from passing him, for like ten minutes. Finally the guide gunned it, (I guess we had a schedule to keep?) freaked the elephant out as we sped around him. Not the most calming manuever for Scott and I to experience. Becuase the pissed off elephant than turned to us as we were attempting to pass him and raised his trunk, took a charging stance and blasted a blarring horn sound at us.) Also, when I say "road," I really mean pot hole ridden, muddy, weed strewn, fallen tree blocking, sometimes it's there sometimes it's not, kinda road. Half the time you couldn't tell if were were blazing our own trail or following some sort of formal road...but I digress.) The guide described these two male lions as brothers, apparently he can see some sibling similarity. They were definitely male (I checked) and they were affectionately nuzzling each other. Maybe the guide's use of the term "brothers" is an african euphemism for gay. Who knows. In any case, they wrestled, licked each other, snoozed and eventually took off. Sounds gay to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it does sound gay. In fact it sounds kind of like the last couple of dates you've told me about! :)

Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds me of Zorro & Padeen, only - uh- larger, hairier, probably smellier, and more dangerous.