Monday, January 08, 2007

When monkeys go bad.


IMG_2450
Originally uploaded by alexanderdavidgrossman.
I'm in the Singapore Airlines biz class lounge in Singapore, killing six hours till my flight to Hong Kong. So I thought I'd check email and upload a few photos to flickr. Don't have a lot of time to write captions so I'm gonna thow up a few shots and circle back tonight when I get to my hotel in HK. I am exhausted. It's five in the morning Cape Town time but noon here in Singapore. Scott is asleep in the sleeping lounge. I've been scarfing diet cokes and vegetable curry from the buffet. I'll probably regret it later. I was really bummed to leave Cape Town this morning (last night? what day is it? ) as it kinda captured my heart. Read more about it when I post some photos. Suffice to say it's California-style living without the high costs or the crowds and perfect all-year round LA-style weather. I's be lying if I didn't admit I'd been asking around about the ad shops here and the work permit maze. Anyway, check out this photo. We took it outside the restaurant/snack bar at the Cape of Good Hope National Park in South Africa. (You know, the southernmost point of the great continent? Yeah, that Cape. Beautiful place.) Anyway this baboon was tugging on the door trying to get into the place. Fortunately, the shop had closed, doors were locked for the day but he was still deermined to get his hands on some goodies. They are total pests and your suppose to ignore them as they can be aggressive. But every attraction in africa had a heard of the baboon goons roaming the place and folks were always milling about taking photos and giving them food. I'm thinking about buying one to be my monkey butler. Can they be taught to mix a martini?

1 comment:

Yzerfontein said...

Nice photo. I also love the vervet monkeys in Kwazulu-Natal. Hopefully you'll soon be on another flight to South Africa.