Sunday, January 14, 2007

It's Sunday, 9am and I am back in San Francisco,


IMG_2301.5.jpg
Originally uploaded by alexanderdavidgrossman.
re-adjusting to civilian life. I've unpacked most of my stuff, done the world's largest load of laundry, started organizing photos and videos, caught up on my sleep and ventured a few times into the "real world," for groceries, a haircut and dinner at Scott and Joe's. I have tomorrow off, but go back to work on Tuesday. Uuuugh. I wish I could say it's great to be back. You'd think after 27 days living out of a suitcase, sleeping in beds other than my own, (hold your jokes, please,) I'd be glad to be back, to be in my routine, to be reconnected to my life here in SF. Well, I'm not exactly "happy" to be back. Somehow, someway, my fabulous home town of San Francisco seems, well, smaller than when I left. It feels a little constricting, a little provincial. My job that I head back to on Tuesday seems a little silly. The news on TV and in the paper, well, inconsequential. Uuugh. Having amazing experiences in places worlds away from home has changed my perspective on the every day life. Not sure what to do with it now, this perspective, other than to acknowledge the world that interests me extends beyond the city limits, beyond the boundaries of my regular SF and NYC worldview. Now what do I do about it? This beautiful photo of the sun setting in the Atlantic off the coast of Cape Town reminds me that today, and this feeling, will pass and tomorrow will dawn new and potentially, if I'd like, different. And I guess, that feels pretty damn good.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Ahh, you have been sucked into the blogging world. run! run! before it's too late.

Welcome Back and all that